The Authority and Inerrancy of the Bible
- Did you read the entire chapter?
- Explain the two “types” of Word of God, similarities and differences. Use the two types in two different counseling situations.
- The Bible is spoken of as “inspired.” What does this mean? How does this bring hope to a counselee? Write a short case study (narrative of a counseling case) in order to answer these questions.
- What is the relationship between infallibility and authority? Describe a case study, whether real or not, explaining your answer to this question.
- Many Christians today speak of continuing revelation. Relate this concept to inspiration and sufficiency of the Scripture.
- Where, how, and when does subjective experience positively come into play in counseling?
- What ways do you study the Bible? Why? What are the advantages of certain ways over others? What ways have you studied the Bible that were not effective?