Ep. 23 I Recently Had the Sex Talk with My Son
Shows Main Idea – A few weeks ago I had the privilege of taking my son to the beach for four days to have the sex talk with him. One of my members (and Master Mind student) asked me if I would share some of the details about that trip. This podcast is about that.
Listen to the podcast
Our podcasts are on iTunes, Google Play, SoundCloud, TuneIn, or Stitcher. If you want to comment on this content, go here.
Podcast Warning: If you are a parent, you may want to listen to this podcast before you let your children listen to it.
I will be publishing a free book in July called, The Talk – Teaching your child about sex, culture, and adulthood.
You can find all our free books in our store.
We use the Passport to Purity curriculum from Family Life.
We rented a car.
We had a friend provide a beach house.
We set aside four days that was mixed with a lot of fun and deep talks
- Flee market
- Golf car riding
- Helicopter trip
- Any food he wanted
- Heated pool
- Purity throwing star
- Jungle Book movie (Two jumbo size butter popcorn)
- Playing a giant chess match in a park
- Cussing: Wise parents teach their children how to curse
- Multi-part sex talk
- There is a cultural, generational gap between you and your child: Read, Why it’s “okay” to be gay, and why you need to know that.
- Incrementally introducing your children to the world
- The sex talk begins when a child is a toddler
- Modify your talk to your child (Gospel application: God customizes His care)