Shows Main Idea – Starting a counseling ministry is a rewarding process. Knowing how to do it is critical. In this podcast, I share with you six key ideas to answer as you prepare to counsel others. This list is not exhaustive. If you would like to talk more about starting a ministry, reach out to me here.
Listen to the podcast
You may want to read:
- A Few Ways We Can Help Your Church or Ministry
- Essential Tip If You’re Going to Start a Ministry
- How to Build a Ministry In an Ever-changing Culture
- It must be a top-down, leadership-driven desire to serve the body.
- Guard against becoming a two-tier system where you have the false idea of those who can and those who cannot counsel (Romans 15:14).
- Identify and equip those who are gifted to do formal and informal counseling.
- Have small group leaders and other friends sit in on counseling situations.
- Do regular counselor training events on basics and topics. Hold a “case study” counseling class.
- Prepare for the community and other churches to come to you.
- Supporting members may watch 34 counseling basics videos here.
- And they may watch our ten-part Introduction to Biblical Counseling series here. These webinars are more than ten hours of detailed and expansive training that is critical if you want to do a deeper dive in building a church discipleship community.
- Learn about our all-online training program that equips qualified leaders to do counseling.