Shows Main Idea – I sat down with Answers In Genesis speaker, writer, and researcher, Bodie Hodge to talk about creation, the Book of Genesis, counseling, and more. He was gracious to invite my family and me to his office for this interview at The Creation Museum.
You may want to read:
- Live from The Creation Museum
- Are You Intimidated about Sharing Your Faith?
- A Reason the Word of God Does Not Connect with Our Culture
- What was the event(s) that motivated you to give your life to scientific creationism?
- What is the best and most succinct answer to refute evolution?
- Connect the Dot: Why does a biblical view of young earth matter? I mean, can’t we come to the same maturity in Christ if we believe in a old earth?
- Practical Application: How does a proper exegesis of Genesis impact the way we counsel folks today with personal and relational problems?
More on Bodie Hodge
Bodie attended Southern Illinois University at Carbondale (SIUC) and received a BS and MS (in 1996 and 1998 respectively) in mechanical engineering. His specialty was a subset of mechanical engineering based in advanced materials processing, particularly starting powders.
He conducted research for his master’s degree through a grant from Lockheed Martin and developed a New Method of Production of Submicron Titanium Diboride. The new process was able to make titanium diboride cheaper, faster, and with higher quality. This technology is essential for some nanotechnologies.
Bodie published two peer-reviewed articles (with his advisor) on the subjects:
- R. Koc, C. Meng, D. B. Hodge, P. F. Becher, and T. N. Tiegs, “New Method for Synthesis of Metal Carbides, Nitrides, and Carbonitrides,” Advanced Industrial Materials (AIM) Program Annual Progress Report 1997 (May 1998): 25–40.
- R. Koc and D. B. Hodge, “Production of TiB2 from a Precursor Containing Carbon Coated TiO2 and B4C,” Journal of Materials Science Letters 19, no. 8 (April 2000: 667–669, doi:10.1023/A:1006706510384.
During his years at SIUC, Bodie continued his personal study of biblical apologetics and began teaching this topic to a junior high Sunday school class. While at SIUC, he was the president of one of the few Christian student organizations, Christians Unlimited, and was also an officer in the student chapter of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
After earning his master’s degree, Bodie worked as a mechanical engineer for Grain Systems Incorporated, was a visiting instructor in mechanical engineering at SIUC, and worked as a test engineer through Aerotek Engineering for Caterpillar, Inc., in Peoria, Illinois at the Peoria Proving Ground.
While working at Caterpillar, Bodie continued to teach apologetics to junior high and high school students. He did this until accepting a position with Answers in Genesis in 2003.
Currently, Bodie is a speaker, writer, and researcher at Answers in Genesis and a member of the Editorial Review Board. He has been involved in several books and DVDs and is a regular speaker in the Creation Museum Speaker Series.
Bodie and his wife Renee were married in 2004 and have three daughters and one son.