Shows Main Idea – Shane Ericks is an international performing artist. She is a highly respected and frequent singer. In this interview, she talks about her life, God, and career.
Videos and Songs
- Love Me For What I Am (Carpenters)
- Here I Am (Air Supply, Arranged by Ed Gatchalian)
- Your Love Is Enough Original Composition : iTunes – Amazon – YouTube
- Close to You (Carpenters) Acoustic Cover
- Ukulele (Cover)
- Free Acoustic Original Song
- You were born in the Philippines.
- When did you begin playing the guitar? Do you play anything else?
- What is the Grand Champion Global Pinoy Singing Idol contest?
- When (and why) did you come to Greenville?
- You talk about your faith in God; when did you become a Christian? What were the circumstances that led to God saving you?
- You’re too young to know Karen Carpenter, but you sing her songs. How did that happen? What’s the backstory?
- How much does fear of others (Proverbs 29:25) come into play when you sing? How do you work through it?
- You’re an “out of the box” kind of person.
- You’re single.
- You’re in a career.
- You sing both “secular” genres as well as Christian-centric songs.
- Does the Christian culture, especially the historical, traditional culture accept you? Have there been any issues in that you don’t fit some people’s “stereotype” of what a conservative Christian woman should be?
- How does the Philippino Christian culture think about the way you live out Christ?
- What would you say to a little girl who wanted to be like you? How would you want to prepare her?
- Do you hope to be writing, singing, producing into old age?
- How do married w/children fit into your career aspirations?
- What were the surprises of being a performing artist that has happened that you were not expecting?
- The negative ones?
- The positive ones?
Rapid-Fire Fun Questions
- If you could have superpowers, which one would you like to have?
- In what ways are you the same as your childhood self?
- If you had your TV network, what would be on it?
- If you’re in a bad mood, do you prefer to be left alone or have someone cheer you up?
- If you could master one skill you don’t have right now, what would it be?
- What song typifies the last 24 hours of your life?
- What words would you pass to your childhood self?
- If you had to do it over again, what would you study in school?
- If you were on a deserted island stranded with one other person, who would it be?
- What did you learn in school that has proven to be the least useful?
- If you could invent anything, what would it be and why?
- How do you want folks to remember you?
Shane Ericks is a YouTube sensation with millions of views, a Musician, Singer-Songwriter and an international performing artist, most recently crowned as the Grand Champion Global Pinoy Idol.
This competition included the best Philippine singers from around the world who had already competed and won both regional and national competitions.
Shane spent her early years in the Philippines and discovered her love of singing in the Church. Ten years ago her mother brought her to live in Greenville, SC. Her singing talent was quickly recognized by the local musicians who embraced and encouraged her to perform and develop her skills as a musician.
Within two years she was performing with guitar, entertaining audiences, and winning talent competitions around the Greenville Community. By the age of 16, she had already written and produced several original songs in addition to putting her own spin on a multitude of songs written for and by other artists.
In the last three years, she has become a highly respected and frequent performer all over South Carolina, singing and playing at venues such as coffee shops, tea bars, school events, talent shows, and churches. As the winner of the Global Pinoy Idol, Shane has made several appearances on national Philippine television and performed in various public events in that country.
Shane has also been featured on several television shows in and around the Carolinas. Her awards include “Most Talented Teen” from her school for music and a musical achievement award
from the Alpha Phi Alpha Greenville Foundation.
Shane was a top finalist in the 2012 Kidzbop USA Talent Search and a 2014 winner for Greenville’s “Best Singer in the District. She went on from the district competition to become 1st runner up to the “The Best Singer in The State.”
Currently, Shane is pursuing her musical career and performing as often as she is able and available in many different states in the USA. She released her first single in 2016, and it is available on iTunes and Amazon.
She has recently been dubbed as the Karen Carpenter of the Philippines. Shane has shared the stage with many known celebrities such as Martin Nieverra, Kaye Abad, Gabby Concepcion, Jaya, and in 2017, she will be sharing the stage with the compilation band members of the Eagles, Billy Joel, Chicago, Kool and The Gang and many more in a concert.
If you have a chance to catch one of her performances, you will most likely agree with those who believe this girl is really special.