Shows Main Idea – Through our Mastermind Training Progam, you have the opportunity to become a Certified Biblical Counselor. In this podcast, I share this opportunity with you.
Listen to the podcast
Our Mastermind Training
Go to our Mastermind Training Program page to learn more.
- It is self-paced
- It takes about two years
- It’s all online
- You can quit anytime you wish
- You can pause anytime you want
- I do the primary supervision/training
Who can do it?
- It’s not a Bible study, small group, or discipleship training
- Some of the characteristics of the students who have completed our training:
- Autonomous, Determined, Proactive, Insightful, Cooperative, Don’t Procrastinate, Time Managers, Passionate, Teachable, Self-Controlled, Disciplined, Responsible, Not Defensive, Transparent, Open to Critique, Approachable, Confident, Articulate, Curious, Diligent, Flexible, Focused, Enthusiastic, Intuitive, Organized, Punctual, Responsible
- Don’t disqualify yourself yet. Nobody has perfected any of these character traits, but the presence of them must be there, at least in embryonic form. I don’t look for the perfection of gifts or traits, but the presence of them, however small they may be.
- Gospel centered
- Relationally oriented
- We maintain a high view of the local church
- Learn more about the International Association of Biblical Counselors
- Rick Interviews Kevin Hurt, Executive Director of IABC
- Rick Interviews Ed Bulkley, President of IABC
Why did I decide to offer certification?
- We developed our brand of training.
- We customize the training to the person
- No cookie-cutter training
- We carefully collaborate with the student to talk honestly about their gift-mix. Being certified does not mean you’re qualified for high-level, complicated counseling cases. Remember the “V.”
- You may receive our training but stop short of the certification process. If so, you will be well trained to the competency that the Lord gave you. In this way, you may receive our training but not receive certification.
- Become a member of the International Association of Biblical Counselors
- Complete our Mastermind Training
- Complete the counseling exam
- Complete the theological exam
- Complete 50 hours of supervised counseling sessions (That’s leading 50 sessions.)