Shows Main Idea – The question was raised the other night in our monthly Mastermind meeting about how an individual can spread the awareness of our ministry in their local church and to other spheres of influence. I thought there are many ways to do this but most folks may not be aware how they can share our ministry. Here are a few suggestions:
Listen to the podcast
- Send our articles to individuals.
- Have folks subscribe to our articles. I send out an eBlast three times a week (M-W-F). The subscribe banner is at the bottom of every article on our website.
- Print off any article(s) and give to folks, whether that’s to one person or the entire church.
- Send the free book of the month link to friends.
- Use any article or series for ongoing small group discussions. E.g., the three chapter communication book would make an excellent study series.
- Teach any of our content in a “life application class” at your church, over a series of Sundays (or other days).
- Show our 10-minute “Life Change Video Series” in a small setting and then talk through it. You could also play one and stop along the way to discuss. (This is how I teach them to my children. I “mirror” them on the TV, and we talk through them.)
- Share our six podcast platforms with folks to give them options to choose from to listen:
- Regularly share our content on your favorite social media sites, e.g., FB, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- If someone is going through a difficult time, send them an article that speaks to that situation.
- Let folks know that we have a free public forum where they can access us at any time with their questions. (You may have to walk them through how to get a free user account so they can get on the forum. You may have to walk them through the forum setup.)
- You can “ask a question on our forum for a friend” and then give them our feedback; perchance they are inhibited about asking questions on the forum.
- Share our infographics with your friends, and also on your social media sites.
- Use our infographics as teaching lessons.
- If a person wants to learn how to disciple well, let them know they could “watch us counsel others” through the site. One lady told me that she had learned so much by reading our responses to others. Passive participation is one of the best-kept secrets about our site: you can “passively” learn to counsel by “sitting in” on what we’re doing.
- If a person wants me to do a podcast (Life Over Coffee) about a subject, they can send it in, and I’ll consider it.
- Our Life Change Videos would also be ideal for the church congregation on Sunday morning, or a Wednesday night, or another church meeting. These videos do not have to be the main thing for the service, but it could be an appetizer.
- You could take any of our articles and teach them as sermons or teaching lessons. BTW, this is what I do. They are fully written out; they drive to point, and there are application questions at the end. You could also send the entire “message” (transcript) to your folks so they’d have it.
- You could teach your sermon/lesson and then give them an article for the “application phase” of your sermon/lesson.
- Use our content as homework assignments for your counseling.
- BONUS – Our counselors are well-trained, and all a person needs is a phone or Internet to receive counseling from our team members.