Shows Main Idea – Starting a counseling ministry is a rewarding process. Knowing how to do it is critical. In this podcast, I share with you six key ideas to answer as you prepare to counsel others. This list is not exhaustive. If you would like to talk more about starting a ministry, reach out to me here.
Listen to the podcast
You may want to read:
- A Few Ways We Can Help Your Church or Ministry
- Essential Tip If You’re Going to Start a Ministry
- How to Build a Ministry In an Ever-changing Culture
- It must be a top-down, leadership-driven desire to serve the body.
- Guard against becoming a two-tier system where you have the false idea of those who can and those who cannot counsel (Romans 15:14).
- Identify and equip those who are gifted to do formal and informal counseling.
- Have small group leaders and other friends sit in on counseling situations.
- Do regular counselor training events on basics and topics. Hold a “case study” counseling class.
- Prepare for the community and other churches to come to you.
- Supporting members may watch 34 counseling basics videos here.
- And they may watch our ten-part Introduction to Biblical Counseling series here. These webinars are more than ten hours of detailed and expansive training that is critical if you want to do a deeper dive in building a church discipleship community.
- Learn about our all-online training program that equips qualified leaders to do counseling.
Ep. 165 Why Our Program Can Be As Lame As Any Other Ep. 167 What Does It Mean to Fear the Lord? »