Join Our Israel Trip! March 2021 Click To Learn More
Listen to the podcast
You may want to read:
A man’s ministry works out in ever-increasing circles:
1. Himself – He must take care of himself spiritually and physically, or he won’t be able to do much.
2. Wife – After keeping himself fit for ministry, the primary person he “ministers” to is his wife.
3. Children – If he has children, they are next.
4. Close Friends – He must have a close network of real-world friends who can know “ALL” of him and speak into his life.
5. Local Church – Those friends, ideally, should be in his local church, but, regardless, he must be “known” and cared for by his local church.
6. Greater Ministry – This “ministry” may be the “thing” he does for a living or a “side-hustle.” Either way, it’s SIXTH on the list, just like if it was what we call a “regular job.”
“Ministry” ALWAYS works out like this. It’s the way Jesus did things too:
1. He took care of Himself, even pulling away from folks to care for his soul.
2. He had Peter, James, and John.
3. He had the other Nine.
4. He had Mary, Martha, and a few other close friends.
5. He ministered to the crowds.