Thanks for visiting. Enjoy this FREE BOOK on Communication

How To Help a Double-Minded Person

Home Forums Free Community Forum The Place to Discuss Our Content How To Help a Double-Minded Person

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I found that in my relationship I have exhibited more of the actions of Biff rather than Mable. You mentioned Mable is an illustration of us all but I feel like I identify more with the behaviors of Biff. Is that a totally different problem all together? What advice do you have for someone that wants to stop being the “Biff” in the relationship and love our “Mable” better

Cece Tillman
    Participant

Mariah,
    It’s encouraging that you can see yourself in Biff. Becoming aware of the log in our eye is the first step to asking God to remove it. (Matt. 7:3-5) Always read Rick’s articles and put yourself in the role of what God pricks your heart with. Don’t get hung up on whether it’s Biff or Mable.
    Can I ask you to tell me a little more about how you identify with Biff? What are the things you see in yourself that you want to stop?
    There are some things in the article we can unpack that relate to every person. Here’s one to start.

James implies we all have the propensity not to trust God fully. He says when doubt comes, our behavior will move toward instability. This problem is the human condition that Adam and Eve gifted to us (Romans 5:12).

Anger can be a response to not trusting God, and trying to manipulate others to get our own way.
    Looking forward to hearing your response,
    Cece

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.