- Jerry just found out that his wife has been sleeping around.
- Bill is scared that his boss knows he has been viewing porn at work.
- Kelli came to church today; the first time since her abortion.
- Tim is wondering if anyone knows about his homosexual desires.
- Paula hates her husband.
- Jeremy abuses his wife and threatened her into not telling anyone.
- Phillip is fornicating with his girlfriend and feels guilty about it.
- Karen (15) is contemplating running away from home.
- Matt forged his dad’s name on the excuse slip he gave to his principal.
- Jenny has not read her Bible in over a year.
- Carol has been bitter toward her church for years.
- Eric fell out of love with his wife about a decade ago.
John visited our church today and just happened to sit in the midst of these people. None of them talked to him. They were preoccupied by their own lives and did not notice John. You could say that they were “barely at church.” John said he would never go back because the church was not friendly.
The next day at work John tells you about the unfriendly church. You do not know the backstories of the 12 people he was telling you about. What would you tell John?
Pursued or Pursue?
- Are you more apt to wait for others to pursue you at your church meeting?
- Are you a pursuer at your church meeting?
- Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. – Rom. 12:10 (ESV)
- And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works. – Heb. 10:24 (ESV)