The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
Shows Main Idea – What does biblical submission to our husbands as the leader look like? What should our attitudes be when we submit to both government and church authority? And why on earth won’t the M&M people leave our M&Ms alone?
If your heart’s desire is to submit and follow your husband but he is unwilling to submit and follow the LORD, please reach out to our counseling team for help. We’re here to serve you. You can learn more by going here.
- 4:57 Submission is pre-fall. It is not a result of the fall of man
- 6:10 Is submission only a women’s issue? 1 Peter 2:13-3:9
- 7:45 1 Peter 2:20-23
- 9:18 Ephesians 5:21 and hupotasso
- 12:00 Respecting our husbands starts with a right attitude. Our fear of the Lord determines how we respect our husbands
- 13:14 Acts 23:1-5
- 15:15 Who is in ultimate authority?
- 16:44 Women who are not submitting in the home are problematic in the church
- 18:15 How to encourage your husband to be the leader God has called him to be. Examples of what it looks like to encourage his leadership
- 24:00 Are all women to be submissive to all men just because of gender? What is our moral obligation?
- 25:30 Compare Jesus’ response to the High Priest in John 18 to Paul’s response in Acts 23
- 32:00 Don’t get stuck in the comparison trap, comparing your marriage to another marriage. Every marriage is unique because we are unique individuals.