Shows Main Idea – God is independent and self-sufficient. He has no need for anyone or anything to make Him complete. By contrast, we are dependent creatures and need God every moment of our lives. How does our dependency on God give us hope?
Listen to the podcast
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- A Detailed Study In Self-Reliance
- Beyond Your Ability? God Has You Right Where He Wants You
- How To Tackle The Biggest Battle In Your Soul
- 2:30 What is Aseity?
- 3:00 Before Creation, there was only God.
- 4:23 Exodus 3:1-6, 13-16
- 8:00 I AM, Yahweh, YHWH, Jehovah – what does these names mean?
- 9:38 “Need is a creature word.” A. W. Tozer
- 10:00 The error in the “Poor God syndrome.”
- 12:40 The example of Aseity given in the burning bush.
- 13:48 “God wants us to worship Him. He doesn’t need us, for He couldn’t be a self-sufficient God and need anybody, but He wants us. When Adam sinned, it was not he who cried “God, where art Thou?”, it was He who cried, “Adam, where art thou?” A.W. Tozer
- 15:25 Acts 17:24-30