Shows Main Idea – Do you know your identity apart from the roles you fulfill in life? God did not save you simply so that you can be a better wife, mother, husband, or employee. He saved you to make you more like Himself. How is your identity in Christ different from the roles you fill?
Listen to the podcast
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- Open Letter To My Culture: I Have An Identity Too
- Slave: The Hidden Truth About Your Identity, by John MacArthur
- Should a Wife Respect Her Unkind Husband
- 6:00 Do you know who you are apart from the roles you play?
- 6:45 God’s identity versus His roles.
- 7:35 Who was God before He created the universe and us?
- 9:45 Are you the only thing “missing” in Jesus?
- 10:45 How is your identity in Christ different from your roles?
- 11:25 James 3:9; Genesis 1:27
- 13:07 John 1:18; Hebrews 1:3
- 15:17 Ephesians 4:24 – the re-creation of the image of God.
- 15:50 Galatians 2:20-21
- 16:20 2 Corinthians 3:18; 5:17; Ezekiel 36:26
- 18:15 God did not save you to be a better wife, mother, husband, or employee.1
- 20:12 When you recognize your identity, you’re not thrown around by the world’s success.
- 27:50 Be careful not to become a worshiper of your role instead of a worshiper of the God who has allowed you to bear His image.
- 28:35 Mark Grant’s Identity Crisis – Milton Vincent’s Gospel Primer
- 28:43 Preach the gospel to yourself every day and your identity crisis won’t be such a crisis in your life.