Shows Main Idea – Effective change involves more than mere behavior modification. The Bible tells us to put off our old selves and put on the new self. How is this different from just changing your behavior?
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- There Are Three Ways to Overcome Sin Problems
- The Most Important Things You’ll Ever Do To Change
- If Your Friend Is Not Changing, Consider This
- 3:30 What exactly does it mean to put off and put on?
- 4:45 Romans 12:1-2
- 5:20 Ephesians 4:22-24
- 5:50 How is the concept of putting off and putting on different from mere behavior modification?
- 10:20 Download (below) a helpful “Put Off and Put On” list.
- 10:25 Ezekiel 36:26-27
- 11:10 Romans Chapter 7
- 14:10 How does the inner renewal take place?
- 16:15 Be in the Word so you have something good to put on.
- 18:15 Ephesians Chapter 4
- 21:15 Philippians Chapter 2
- 22:15 How long does it take to change?
- 26:00 Psalm 23
- 27:45 Philippians 4:8-9
- 28:45 What role should the gospel play in this process?