Shows Main Idea – Worrying about tomorrow robs you of today’s joy and contentment. Maybe Scarlett O’Hara was on to something when she said: “I’ll worry about that tomorrow.” How do we learn to cast all our cares on the LORD and live victoriously over worry?
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- It’s Easier to Trust God When You’re In Control
- Fifteen Tips to Overcome Insomnia
- Three Mind Maps to Move from Despair to Joy
How to Run Your Thoughts Through Paul’s Philippians 4:8 Filter
- 6:00 Matthew 6:25-34 – What are “all these things”?
- 9:00 Can you trust God with the daily needs of your household?
- 9:44 Why do we worry?
- 10:00 Paul Tripp’s circle of responsibility exercise – See a version of the Infographic below
- 11:45 What part does fear play in our worry?
- 12:20 Proverbs 29:25 – See Infographic Below
- Read, A Practical Plan to Overcome the Fear of Others
- 13:40 1 Peter 5:7, Philippians 4:6-7
- 16:10 Psalm 119:68
- 16:30 How having a good theology of suffering can help us with our worries
- 17:40 Philippians 4:8-9
- 20:10 Contentment – Philippians 4:13
- 21:50 Suffering is a good gift from God
- 23:00 Matthew 6:34
- 24:40 John 14:1-6
Sphere of Responsibility Graphic
Fear of Man Graphic