Shows Main Idea – Finding a balance between work and rest is challenging. As Christians, Christ has finished all the work necessary in our place. So why do we still find ourselves trying to work for our own redemption? It is possible to work restfully.
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- Are You a Restful Soul? How to Enter Into God’s Rest
- The Danger of Trying to Please God
- Mind Mapping: A Detailed Study in Self-Reliance
- 6:00 The tension of dual-citizenship
- 7:30 What threatens a Christian’s rest?
- 8:45 What do legalism and self-sufficiency have in common?
- 10:00 Peter as an example of trying to add the law back to the Gospel – Galatians 2:21
- 11:00 The things we legalistically add to our faith.
- 13:00 Can we please God with our actions?
- 14:40 Ephesians 2:8-10
- 15:50 Westminster Confession, Chapter 16, Articles 3, 5.
- 16:45 When we focus on trying to earn Christ’s approval by works, we are attempting to re-crucify Christ.
- 19:00 Sabbath rest.
- 19:45 Genesis 2:2-3
- 21:45 God condescends to us to use us, but He doesn’t really need us. If I can’t rest well, maybe I don’t trust that He can handle things without me.
- 22:15 The rest that is available to us in Christ is available to us every single day. Everyday is the Lord’s Day.
- 25:45 The Lord can manage things better than you can. – Rick Thomas, Boasting in Weakness.
- 26:55 Matthew 11:28-29