Shows Main Idea – Being lonely has affected many individuals. We have found ourselves feeling completely alone in the middle of the crowd. How do you work through loneliness in a God-honoring, Christlike, Gospel-centered way?
Listen to the podcast
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- A Practical Plan To Overcoming Being Controlled By Others
- Book Review: Out of the Blues: Dealing with Depression and Loneliness
- How to Build and Enjoy a Dynamic Community Life
- 3:35 Psalm 142:1-5
- 5:00 How do we wrestle through loneliness in a God-honoring, Christlike, Gospel-centered way.
- 7:30 Loneliness is not necessarily a result of sin in your life, although it can be.
- 8:30 God may be bringing a period of loneliness so that you will cling to Him more.
- 9:00 The example of Abraham – Hebrews 11:8-9.11:15
- Look for one person you can be in community with for fellowship.
- 12:15 The solution to loneliness is a “Who,” not a “what.”
- 13:00 Psalm 34:18
- 14:20 Psalm 25:16
- 16:00 This to remember when you’re feeling lonely.
- Look out and away from your circumstances.
- Resist the temptation to isolate yourself further.
- Serve God’s people even when you don’t feel like it.
- 2 Corinthians Chapter 1.
- Be a good listener.
- Lonely people need a hug.
- 23:00 The value of having influence into your life from all ages, not just those in the same season of life.
- 26:00 Our difficult situations are intended to make us long for our heavenly home.
- 27:40 1 Corinthians 10:13