Shows Main Idea – Having a prodigal can bring a deep sense of loss that causes you to mourn. Can any hope be found while you wait for your prodigal to return? How can the church better serve families who are experiencing this particular type of loss?
The Unspeakable Podcast speaks to the hidden side of everything, especially those things that are important to you but not regularly discussed in many Christian communities. Kimberly, Brandi, and Kim explore all things that pertain to life and godliness. If you have a question for the Unspeakable Team, please ask it here.
You may want to read:
- A Practical Plan For Parenting Children
- How Authoritarian Parents Rear Legalistic Children
- Incrementally Introducing Your Children to the World
- 3:20 God is a perfect Father and all He has are prodigals.
- 4:00 If your child is a prodigal, only God can “fix it.” Bringing them to repentance is His work, not yours.
- 5:00 Psalm 119:68
- 7:00 Help for parents who may have had a hand in their child’s rebellion.
- 8:30 Help for those who had a once professing child that even demonstrated apparent fruit, but have now turned away.
- 12:00 Romans Chapter 9 – God is the One who grants repentance.
- 13:40 How does having a prodigal affect the other relationships in your life?
- 16:00 How to learn to intentionally reach out to those with prodigal children.
- 21:00 PrayerMate App for IOS and Android
- 22:30 2 Kings Chapters 18-21 tell a story of good parenting that produced bad children and bad parenting that produced good children. God is in ultimate control.
- 25:30 Luke 15:11-32 – the prodigal son parable.